Solved can't make partitions anymore!! help! :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

iamfluffy

Jack
Hi so I'm have a very difficult problem with my Windows 10 Acer Laptop (Updated from Windows 7). the Windows 10 update was running fine up until about 4 months after the upgrade. it started acting very slow (to the point you couldn't do anything but wait 5+ minutes for anything to open or run) and so I decided to go back to Windows 7. I didn't have the disk or a usb for the setup so I got the iso and was going to do it the partition way of installing Windows however after I created the partition it turned my C drive into a dynamic one from being a basic one. then after this occurred Windows 10 crashed and rebooted into the disk recovery and took roughly 8 hours to finish.. annoyingly it didn't change it back to a basic disk which is what I need. so now I'm left with a dynamic Windows 10 boot partition that I can't work with. I saw that you can convert it from dynamic to basic using a program like EaseUS Partition Master and others like it but I'm unsure if doing so while having the partition in use would be a good idea.
any help would be awesome.
been pulling my hair out for quite some time now.

I don't have anything really important on this pc that I can't get back from the internet so a complete wipe of the hdd wouldn't bother me.

bobs-here

Bob
its likely easeus allows a boot cd creation feature for working outside of windows. i know that minitool partition wizard, offers a cd. using a boot cd allows for changes to partitions without the system active.

iamfluffy

Jack
its likely easeus allows a boot cd creation feature for working outside of windows. i know that minitool partition wizard, offers a cd. using a boot cd allows for changes to partitions without the system active.
Yeah it does but as I said I can't get my hands on any discs to burn anything on otherwise I wouldn't need help. just wanna know if it's at all possible to change the disk back to basic without going outside of Windows. *sigh*

bobs-here

Bob
Yeah it does but as I said I can't get my hands on any discs to burn anything on otherwise I wouldn't need help. just wanna know if it's at all possible to change the disk back to basic without going outside of Windows. *sigh*
i hear you
and its been said that data loss is a risk using such programs to do this task and has occurred in the past.

I don't have anything really important on this pc that I can't get back from the internet so a complete wipe of the hdd wouldn't bother me.
this reduces the risk somewhat and with EaseUS Partition Master, you can do it directly and keep all the volumes intact. see here for more:
http://www.partition-tool.com/resource/change-dynamic-disk-to-basic.htm

see how it goes...

iamfluffy

Jack
i hear you
and its been said that data loss is a risk using such programs to do this task and has occurred in the past.

this reduces the risk somewhat and with EaseUS Partition Master, you can do it directly and keep all the volumes intact. see here for more:
http://www.partition-tool.com/resource/change-dynamic-disk-to-basic.htm

see how it goes...
I actually just tried to convert it to a basic disk and it's just not doing anything and I think it's got to do with it being in use by Windows.. this is a pain. "upgrading" to Windows 10 wasn't the best choice I've made in my life. problem after problem.

might just have to go get a disc to burn my Windows 7 onto but I'm not giving up yet.

iamfluffy

Jack
Ok so I gave up on fixing the problem windows side so I gave the EaseUS Partition Master bootable usb a shot and was successful at converting back to a basic disk. I'm fairly positive that is the only way to recover from my situation.

Cheers, TechGuy users! (y)

bobs-here

Bob
well done ... glad you got there!:)

and thanks for replying, to let us know the outcome

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online