1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't move taskbar

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by KarenCG, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KarenCG

KarenCG Thread Starter

In the middle of using my laptop, the taskbar moved from the bottom of the screen to the left side of the screen. I click on to drag but it won't move. I did a virus scan with my anit-virus scan program and no viruses were detected. So I don't know what's the problem. I'm using windows 95

KarenCG

2. 1069

Karen,

The usual method of moving the taskbar is to click and hold in a solid grey area of the bar, then drag it back to where you want it.

Is this method not working?

3. KarenCG

KarenCG Thread Starter

Yes, that's exactly what I did. I clicked on the blank gray area, held down the button and try to drag it to the bottom or another location, but it just won't move.

KarenCG

4. Ginosko

Ginosko

Right click on the taskbar and make sure "lock taskbar" isn't checked.

|
    \ /
    Sry didn't see it was 95.

5. KarenCG

KarenCG Thread Starter

I don't have a "lock taskbar"

KarenCG

6. 1069

How did you come to move the task bar in the first place? Did you move it accidentally or did it move by itself ?
    I am convinced that if you left click (and hold) in a solid, unused part of the bar, and drag it - it will move.

7. KarenCG

KarenCG Thread Starter

I didn't do anything, it jumped from the bottom of the screen to the left of the screen and when I left-click on the gray and hold down the button on the blank area of the screen it will not budge at all. Sorrsy, but this is the case

8. 1069

Sorry Karen - I don't have any more suggestions :(

Perhaps someone else could offer a solution?

9. KarenCG

KarenCG Thread Starter

I finally found the solution to the problem. Instead of clicking in the blank grey area of the task bar I needed to double-click on the conner of the taskbar. It moved with no problem

Thanks you all for your effort

10. 1069

Glad that you got there in the end - :)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/370519