1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't navigate the internet properly

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Tongham, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tongham

Tongham Thread Starter

My father-in-law has Windows 95, with a Nestscape browser, and AOL connection. He is unable suddenly to navigate around the internet properly. The only way to render a page is by typing the whole address in the address bar, no search engines will work for him, nor link-clicking.

He is living in Poland, and has asked me over the phone if I have any ideas, but nothing I've suggested so far has worked. He's a generous, lovely bloke whose done me a lot of favours in the past, and so it would be really nice to help him out. I thought I'd try here on the off-chance someone might help... and make me look good in front of my in-law!:eek:

2. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    Is he able to upgrade to Win98SE? It's much better on internet connections. If so, he could probably upgrade his AOL...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700256

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice