1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't Next with New Connection Wizard

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Rinascita, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rinascita

Rinascita Thread Starter

First post, be gentle with me!

I've searched on this issue up and down with no hint at all to a solution. Perhaps this community can help.

I'm attempting to establish a VPN with my work's network, so I head on over to the New Connection Wizard in Windows XP Home.

I click Next to get to the list of items I can connect to. All show up, none are dimmed, so I choose Connect to the network at my workplace and click Next, and nothing happens. The button depresses, sure, but I don't advance past this screen.

This happens for all options, it so happens that the only one I'm concerned with at the moment is connecting to my workplace.

I've been all through Micosoft's support forms, I've googled everything under the sun, and alas, nothing. Is there something I'm missing?

I'm running Windows XP Home, as I've said. Do you all need me to provide more information about my system?

I'm able to get the connection working just fine on another computer with XP Professional, so I would be inclined to believe it's a platform discrepancy, but it just smacks of being some problem I don't know how to solve.

Thanks for the help, everyone, should it be forthcoming!

2. unbidden

unbidden

Have you tried disabling the firewall?

3. Rinascita

Rinascita Thread Starter

Just tried that now. No luck.

4. unbidden

unbidden

The only other thing I can come up with is do you have sp1 and or preferably sp2 installed and have an active internet connection?

You may want to try moving this thread over to the network forum. There may be a better chance that someone there has run into your same problem.

5. Rinascita

Rinascita Thread Starter

Yup, SP2 installed and all's well, aside from this one problem. I'm on the computer now that's giving me grief.

I appreciate the help, unbidden. I'll direct my query over to the forum now.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544014

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice