1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cant open any symantec related websites and lu1814 error

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by lovely0428, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovely0428

lovely0428 Thread Starter

i am using window xp. service pack 2

All i have done is when i was updating symantec antivirus defination from net after updation i did not closed the windows properly. After that i have installed yahoo messenger and yahoo toolbar from net

Problem no 1 .
    i cant open any site related to symantec. All i am getting message is "Page cannot be displayed". All the other sites are opening perfectly.

Problem no 2

i cant update virus defination files using liveupdate. I am getting error "lu1814: cannot retrieve update list".

i uninstall the symantec anitvirus and loaded again but no results. i Checked the entries in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\host, but did not find any entry related to 127.0.0.1 www.symantec.com.

i did not installed any firewall and my windows firewall is also off
    checked all the settings in explorer 6 every thing is working correct expect for above 2 problems.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/817714

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice