1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cant open downloads

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by turtle9070, Jan 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. turtle9070

turtle9070 Thread Starter

i have windows 7 os and a dell laptop my problem is that what ever i down load when it comes to installing it automaticly trys bto open everything with enternet explorer i downloaded the tsg link above but could not run it what do i do to get back to normal
    :eek::eek::eek:

2. Turn2

Turn2

Could you try posting a screen shot of the issue you're getting? Or try to be more clear with the problem.

Do you mean that when you click on a link to open a download page, the page opens automatically with Internet Explorer rather than another browser? Or are you not able to run downloads at all? Do you get any error messages?

3. turtle9070

it also wont let me have the option to restore or even disk cleanup, if i try to play games already installed it wont let me, is there any way or anything i can do to fix this besides drop kicking it across the room

4. jenae

jenae

Hi, instead of concentrating on kicking the computer, try to answer the posters question,Turn2 post #2, we can help, it may be a simple .exe file extension problem.. won't know unless you answer our questions.

5. turtle9070

how would i fix it if it is a simple .exe file problem

6. Turn2

Turn2

It would be impossible to tell what the issue is given the current info provided. And a fix for a "simple .exe file problem" could be multiple solutions depending on the problem you're getting.

Try to recreate the issue and post the steps that you took to recreate it.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141819

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice