1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't open email attachment

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by Shirazz, Apr 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shirazz

Shirazz Thread Starter

There was no problem in opening attachment before. Since yesterday i cant open attachment in my outlook. I didnt make any changes on my mac. It gives me the following message when i try to open an attachment:

"THE APPLICATION ASSOCIATED WITH ATTACHMENT COULD NOT BE STARTED"

This not hapenning with a particular program but all the programs.

Pls help

2. emoxley

emoxley

If you are using an OS earlier than OSX, go to system folder, to preferences folder, find "Finder prefs and System prefs", and put in trash. Normally you don't need to reboot, but since it's these prefs, I would anyway. Once rebooted, empty trash. Give that a try. Won't promise it will work, but it won't hurt.............
    If you are using OSX, I don't know what to tell you. I don't know much at all about OSX, except that I personally don't like it...... I prefer OS 8.6 or OS 9.

You may also want to run Disc First Aid or Norton Utilities, if you have that. If there is another problem, it may fix it.
    Good luck! Keep us posted as to the results........

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223389

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice