cant open file, can you help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

anthony21890

i just downloaded a file that is in .rar format, so in order to open it windows said i needed to download this program and i did, but all it did was unpack the achive, so still cant run my program!!!! please help!!!!

You unpacked the .rar(to a location, or did you just open and view the contents?), you will then need to install it.

anthony21890

well winrar unpacked it into a bunch of diffrent little folders and then i extracted them onto my computer. so the i right clicked that folder and hit open, and all it did was unpack the archive again. so i dont have any idea what to do,
thanx so much for your help

anthony21890

it is "the rosetta stone spanish 1",
but i didnt buy it i just downloaded it,
it uses video, pictures and voices to immurse you in the language
thanx for responding :)

Couriant

James
That's the online game right? Or am i thinking of something else? Whre did you download it?

anthony21890 said:
but i didnt buy it i just downloaded it
I guess you've just stopped anymore support for this problem with that! Not unless it's a demo, though I imagine they wouldn't archive the demo in RAR format if it was.

anthony21890

sorry, but what r u talking about????
does this site not help with downloaded programs
?????

Couriant

James
anthony21890 said:
sorry, but what r u talking about????
does this site not help with downloaded programs
?????
It depends on the program. If you said I have downloaded Microsoft Office 2003 from xyz.com then yes, because it would be considered a illegal copy.

But can you answer my questions above listers please :D

anthony21890

well it would not be supported then because i got it from limewire/bearshare, which are like kazaa,
sorry i didnt know.
well thanx anyway

Couriant

James
(y) no problem. Most new users don't read the rules when register or just zip through the registeration.

You can view the rules/guidelines by clicking on Rules on the top right.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online