1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't open Firefox - AT ALL!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Gandalf1387, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gandalf1387

Gandalf1387 Thread Starter

Hello all,

I'm not sure why this is happening...

I've been using Firefox for about 4 months or so, just about problem free. It was working fine earlier today and then all of a sudden around 4:30pm (Eastern time, USA) it refused to open. I have tried clicking on the Desktop icon, opening in Safe Mode, opening through Windows Explorer, etc - all to no avail.

I'm reluctant to uninstall and then reinstall because I can't seem to find a listing of my bookmarks, and I really don't want to lose any of them.

One other strange but possibly useful bit of info- as I said, Firefox won't open, but curiously firefox.exe shows up as a running process in Task Manager. It doesn't however show up as a running application.

Needing all the help I can get,
    Gandalf

2. BillC

BillC

If you are using XP, try a system restore. Or, you could export your bookmarks then import them into a new install. Click on Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks > File > Export. I'm not sure, but the bookmarks are likely stored in your user profile and would not be deleted with an uninstall.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329781

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice