1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't open Firefox in 98SE

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by CTPhil, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CTPhil

CTPhil Thread Starter

I did a fresh install of 98SE on my Dell Dimension XPS T600, downloaded Firefox. The first time I used it it worked OK, now I can't open it. I get an error box saying another instance of FF is already running. (It isn't). I tried uninstalling/reinstalling several times, downloaded Process Explorer, nothing showing up there.

Any ideas? Thanks.

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Hi uninstall in Add-remove programs..delete all referencies in Files and folders.
    Remove all referencies in the registry..[making sure you backup the registry first].
    Start>run>type regedit>click on registry in top toolbar>export registry>save in my documents

3. Augie65

Augie65

When you uninstall Firefox, it doesn't delete your profile folder.
    Sounds like you might have a profile lock. Shutdown your computer first and
    then reboot. Don't open Firefox, go to your Profile folder
    (C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profile\default)
    and delete the file: parent.lock
    If that doesn't help, create a new profile, you can move your bookmarks and settings to the
    new profile if Firefox runs correctly.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648455

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice