1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't open hyperlinks in Excel

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by scalexandru, Aug 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. scalexandru

scalexandru Thread Starter

I encountered this problem some while ago and I can-t seem to get to the bottom of it. The hyperlinks I create in a sheet of an excel document will not open. The links are made to other files on my computer and although the address is correct I can not access them. Help please...
    I have reinstalled the office and I have upgraded the IE to 6.0 with all features and still northing... :((

I didn't have Zip instaled on this PC but I archived the necesary file in a rar archive and changed the extention from "rar" to "zip" so that the sistem would accept my file...

Attached Files:

2. RandyG

RandyG

do you have a firewall??

make sure you have not denied permission for Excel to access other files or the internet.

otherwise, zip the file and attach it to your post, so we can see if the links are done correctly

3. scalexandru

I didn't have Zip instaled on this PC but I archived the necesary file in a rar archive and changed the extention from "rar" to "zip" so that the sistem would accept my file...

4. scalexandru

I do not have firewall instaled on this PC...

5. RandyG

RandyG

ok, well I suppose you could have also just saved the file as a normal xls, and then just renamed the file to say txt instead of xls, and I could change it back when i look at it.

either way, when you post a reply, don't use the quick Reply at the bottom of the thread, but click the Post Reply button, and under the are you would type your response, there is a Manage attachments section. Upload the txt file there.

6. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

did you upgrade? If so, try Ctrl+Click

7. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

With IE 6.0, I always used Shift + click. Especially when using any type of ad/popup blocker(s) and/or internet security software. I'd also clear all your cookies as a routine precautionary measure, it never hurts.

8. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

Sorry, Zack. What I mean is this....

Office 2000 came out with automatic hyperlinks when you type them...
    And you just clicked on them to go there.

Office 2002 came out with requiring that you hold the Ctrl key while you click to follow the hyperlink OR you could change the setting...

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/263805