1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't open internet options

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by peque, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peque

peque Thread Starter

I can't open the Internet Options dialog box, through Internet Explorer. When I click the button on the "Tools" pull down menu, I get a prompt that says,
    "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions on effect on this computer. Please contact your systems administrator" I don't even have them in control pannel..

But this is a personal computer at home, not on any network. So I've been the only one on this computer. I already looked for the keys NoBrowserOptions & NoFolderOptions in the registry and nothing there, I also scanned the system with Spybot and Ad-aware, but they don't seem to remove any thing. Can some one help please? I don't know what to do any more!... :mad:

Thx

2. Bman

Bman

Are you using TweakUI or another 'tweaking' program? If so... check to see if the internet options menu has been accidentally disabled. Can you use System Restore? Have you installed any new software recently? Sorry all questions, not many answers.

3. Tact

Tact

spybot has a feature that disables messing with that. it seems you've only tried to "scan" for something using spybot. but what you should do is see if spybot has the "prevent anyone from editing internet options" check button.

also the tweakUI thing. and are you sure your the ONLY computer user on that computer. any brothers, parents, sisters...or anyone use it at all? you never know.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!