Can't open .jpg file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bkbrian

I am having trouble opening .jpg files. I try and it says missing liv.exe. I am running Windows 98 and a pentuim 2 computer:rolleyes: :(

cybertech

Retired Moderator
What program are you using to open the files? I found liv.exe to be a shareware program. If that's what you were using, did you uninstall it?

You probably have MS paint or another imaging software on your machine that you could use.

Hold down the shift key and right click on a jpg and choose "Open with" and pick a program from the list of applications.

bkbrian

I am just clicking on the jpg file and the message say can't open missing liv.exe. I used to be able to open it before. what could of happen and can i fix it without haveing to open with a paint program

cybertech

Retired Moderator
Originally posted by cybertech:
Hold down the shift key and right click on a jpg and choose "Open with" and pick a program from the list of applications.
If you want to use BlackMagic Home Edition go to the shareware site, download it and reinstall the program. You probably got the trial version and it has expired.

bkbrian

But what am i missing form my computer? did i delete something by accident?

cybertech

Retired Moderator
You can search for liv.exe and see if it's there. Did you buy the shareware version or just using the trial version?

bkbrian

I did search for it and it is not there. I didn't buy any Shareware. I was trying to open up a picture that i got in my email. I use to be able to now i can't.

cybertech

Retired Moderator
Try using a different program as I suggested above. You probably have imagevue, also known as kodakimg.exe, that will open jpg files.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online