1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant open most folders/programs dr watsn error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Vortan, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Vortan

Vortan Thread Starter

On boot up, over half of my desktop icons wont come in and I lock up till I open task manager and stop drwtsn.exe...after that I can use a few programs but cannot open control panel or windows explorer or pretty much any other of my programs....Help?

2. bobol

bobol

3. Vortan

Vortan Thread Starter

I cant open control panel or search my files..I have Spybot
    & Spyware Blaster but they didnt fix it

4. bobol

bobol

can you get into safemode... tap F8 on restart, then get in to do a system restore first perhaps?

5. Vortan

Vortan Thread Starter

I was hoping I wouldnt have to do a system restore..I thought it was a windows fixable problem.

6. bobol

bobol

7. Vortan

Vortan Thread Starter

I give up...Thanks for trying

8. bobol

bobol

:rolleyes: don't give up please.... that control panel issue is not un-fixable.... can you get into safemode though? A few simple walk through steps is all it may take.

9. Vortan

Vortan Thread Starter

It wont let me boot up in safe mode, safe mode with networking or safe mode with command prompt

10. bobol

bobol

hmmm, the big guns will be about later for more essential directions, ... I hope you can wait about/come back later for them. Do you have your xp cd [actually what system are you using?]

11. Vortan

Vortan Thread Starter

IT goes through the logos and right back to the list of safe modes that wont work or start windows normally and then I have to cancell the DrWtsn.exe again

12. Vortan

Vortan Thread Starter

I have to work in a half hour...I do have the system restore CD but it will do a full system restore only

13. Vortan

Vortan Thread Starter

I put the system CD in hoping it will let me do DOS, hoping a scandisk would help but my C drive only loads a few programs and the CD doesnt have scandisk on it

14. bobol

bobol

are you able to get into normal mode still, if so , go to start/run and then type;

sfc /fix

Then Press 'enter'-This will check for the system files integrity and do some fixes.

15. bobol

bobol

Restore CD was not referred to..... these are two seperate subjects.
    The system restore I mentioned is not related to the cd you have... Please read that link I mentioned in post #6.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!