1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant open Multiple files with right Click

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by crawdad, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. crawdad

crawdad Thread Starter

Hello all, I have had a strange problem come up that I cant figure out.

I use Dreamweaver 8 to do editing so sometimes I need to open a lot of files at once.

So I open up the folder with all the files and lasso them all, right click, and choose "Edit with Dreamweaver 8".

They used to all open fine but now the hour glass comes up for a second and then nothing happens.

I can open up 1 file with the above technique without a problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. crawdad

crawdad Thread Starter

Anyone? Is there a setting that would affect this?

3. moper

moper

Hi, Crawdad. I see your problem is still unresolved. I'll try to offer a few suggestions.
    Does the problem only occur when right clicking ? In other words, can you open Dreamweaver, go to File, Open, select a few files and press Enter?
    Do you have any files with an extension that defaults to Dreamweaver? If so, select them in Windows Explorer and just press Enter.
    If you select a few .txt files in Explorer and press Enter, do multiple instances of Notepad (or whatever you have for default) open?
    If it seems to only be a right click problem, have you installed any program recently that added an entry to the Right click menu?

ShellExView and ContextEdit are two programs that may help in sorting out any right click problems.

moper

4. crawdad

crawdad Thread Starter

"Does the problem only occur when right clicking ? In other words, can you open Dreamweaver, go to File, Open, select a few files and press Enter?"

Yes, only if I lasso a group of files in a folder, right click and try to open in Dreamweaver.
    From within Dreamweaver I can open multiple files.

"Do you have any files with an extension that defaults to Dreamweaver? If so, select them in Windows Explorer and just press Enter."

This will open the files in Dreamweaver

"f you select a few .txt files in Explorer and press Enter, do multiple instances of Notepad (or whatever you have for default) open?"

Yes, multiple instances of Notepad open.

"If it seems to only be a right click problem, have you installed any program recently that added an entry to the Right click menu?"

I recently installed Macromedia Contribute and that inserted Flash Paper options to my right click. That is the only thing I can think of.

Thanks much for your help!

5. moper

moper

Well, that seems to narrow it down to a right click problem. Use ShellExView to disable the Flash Paper options and then see if Edit with Dreamweaver works. Good instructions on This Page. (Method 2)

moper

6. crawdad

crawdad Thread Starter

Thanks so much Moper. That site describes my exact problem. I'll go through it and see if I can fix the problem. Thanks much!

7. crawdad

crawdad Thread Starter

You da man Moper. I Got it fixed. It was the flash paper context menu handlers. Thanks again.

8. moper

moper

Glad I could help.

moper

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/431789

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice