Can't open my PSD files after renaming them

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Elunar

So I have a bunch of really important drawings in PSD format. I wanted to rename them and I did so through SAI, because I could see their thumbnails with it in order to name them accordingly, but I did not add ''.psd'' and now I can't open them at all, not even after adding the ''.psd''. None of my drawing programs recognize them as existing, but when I added the ''.psd'' they were listed, but I couldn't open them because they are ''not supported''. PLEASE help me recover them. If not as PSD, then at least as PNG, anything! :(

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What's SAI ???
Have you rebooted ??
Can't Photoshop open them with a replaced psd extension ????
If Photoshop is your only Imaging software, Try Irfanview ... It'll open about anything, Even psd

Couriant

James
OK, to confirm, you have set the view to show extensions? Typically when you change it back it's recognizable.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts