1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant Open Outlook 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Truckmiser, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Truckmiser

Truckmiser Thread Starter

Cant Open Outlook 2007, The business contact manager seems to be the problem, Is it possible to use outlook with out the buiness manager part. Well here is all the data that I could retrieve, any help out there would really be appriciated please respond quickly I need the program for this pc soon.

Trying to open Outlook 2007 and have the error message "Business Contact Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenine..

Event type :bcm P1 typeinitialazationexception
    p3: 1.0.2002.1 p4 unkown p5 nativmsproviderinit
    p6: msproviderinit p7 d40099fb

2. Joelava

Joelava

Can anybody tell me what the BCM problem is? I need Business contact Manager to run my firm. What a msitake. Crashes 3-10 times a day

3. Truckmiser

Truckmiser Thread Starter

That is the only I advise I have for that program, did not do well in my outlok 2003 nor my 2007. Cant remeber how I deleted it, Not thru the add and remove program though. read thru microsofts posts and you will find it.

4. Krash

Krash

Joe do you get any error messages when the program crashes !? Could you shed more light on this ? Which version of Outlook and Office are you using and the version of BCM? It would also help if you could look into the Add/Remove programs and look up the version of .NET framework you got there.

5. Joelava

Joelava

Outlook 2007 under Vista Home Premium
    Error messages include:

1) "Outlook is now retarting".....(with no warning).
    2) 80% of the time I start Outlook the first time it suggests that the file was improperly closed the last time and there needs to be "checking" to ensure all is OK
    3) "Business Contact Manager failed to execute the last operation" . The app keeps running..

Causes:
    1) Most often when I hit enter on a search in BCM for a name
    2) Sometime when i simply go from email to the BCM homepage
    3) Few others that I'll make note of

.Net framework version is : 1.1 installed on 8/31/2007

6. Krash

Krash

Well seems like for some reason .NET 2.0 has vanished. Ideally it should have been installed when you installed BCM 3.0. If it did and if its missing now, then that is an area of concern. Download and install .NET Framework 2.0 preferrably 3.0 as well.

If you still get the
    error then , uninstall Windows Desktop Search Assistant unless you really really need it.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647881

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice