1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't open Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by eireboy, Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. eireboy

eireboy Thread Starter

When i try to open outlook express I get the message:

Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be loaded

I searched for this on MSN and i found this page:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296512
    It tells me that it is because I have disabled the address book on add/remove programs so i done what they said and installed the Address book and restarted my computer. When I tried to get back on i got the same problem.

What could be wrong?
    Thanks

2. RandyG

RandyG

3. eireboy

eireboy Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick reply.

The reason I a having this problem is because I disabled the address book on the windows setup tab in add/remove programs. But I have ticked the box to enable it again and I still get the error message. I have downloaded MSOE.DLL off the internet but that didn't work. Also, when I searched for this error message on MSN it gives me help for Windows 98 and version 5. I am using Windows ME and it Oulook Express 6.

4. RandyG

RandyG

One thing that is common in all three of my links is to backup your contact info and emails and uninstall Outlook, then reinstall it.

Or, wait and see if anyone has any better advice.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165880

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice