1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't open pages in IE or FireFox

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by barrypatch, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barrypatch

barrypatch Thread Starter

I can't open any web pages in IE 7 or Firefox. I can email, use messenger. but nothing with either browser. The error says "internet explorer cannot display the web page" and in Firefox I get a time out. I have run Ad-Aware, but I can't get it to connect to the Web Update option.

Any ideas?

Nancy

2. mtdriver

mtdriver

1. Ensure that all Internet Explorer windows are closed before continuing.
    2. Click onto the "Start" button in the taskbar and then select "Run"
    3. In the Run prompt type command and then click the "OK" button.
    4. In the black command window that appears type each of the following lines (including spaces) and press the "Enter" key on your keyboard at the end of each line. Each file that gets reset should provide the message "DllRegisterServer in filename succeeded". Confirm this message before typing the next line of text.

regsvr32 softpub.dll
    regsvr32 wintrust.dll
    regsvr32 initpki.dll
    regsvr32 dssenh.dll
    regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
    regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
    regsvr32 sccbase.dll
    regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
    regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll

3. barrypatch

barrypatch Thread Starter

I tried that and it still doesn't work all the time. I can access about 10 pages then it stops, when I reboot it works again for a short time, then stops. I ran Spybot and it was clean.

I am at a loss.

Nancy

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650336

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice