1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't open picture files

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by shortcake, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shortcake

shortcake Thread Starter

:confused:I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I have an external hard drive which I have many picture files saved on. Today, while going through the pictures trying to organize them, I came upon a folder in which I was unable to open many of the pictures. I can see the picture in the thumbnail/icon view; however, when I try to actually open the picture, it just brings up a gray box with only a very little bit of the top edge of the picture (if it's portrait format) or side edge of the picture (if it's landscape format). I tried saving one of the pictures to my computer's hard drive to see if it would then open, but I got the same result. Like I said, some of the pictures in this particular folder I can open, but the rest react this way, when I try. Any ideas of what the problem could be?

Thanks!

2. antech

antech Banned

Corrupted Files?? and Probably BAD SECTORS

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916698

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice