1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can't open programs from desk top, win photo viewer not functional

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by littlebirdie43, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littlebirdie43

littlebirdie43 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N455 @ 1.66GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 28 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 1013 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3150, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 229003 MB, Free - 186856 MB;
    Motherboard: TOSHIBA, NPVAA DDR3
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

When I try to open a program from the desktop, which has generic icons all the same picture, I get the following dialog box from Toshiba, win photo viewer can't open this picture because, either photo viewer doesn't recognize the file format or I don't have the latest updates to photo viewer. This somehow prevents any program from opening.

I have tried all the fixes suggested on the internet, nothing works.

I tried to load some pictures from a Canon Digital camera ( G1 ), which might have caused the problem, but I'm not sure. It looks like from all the blogs , a lot of users have this problem. Please HELP!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087987

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice