can't open programs from desk top, win photo viewer not functional

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

littlebirdie43

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N455 @ 1.66GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 28 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1013 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3150, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 229003 MB, Free - 186856 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, NPVAA DDR3
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

When I try to open a program from the desktop, which has generic icons all the same picture, I get the following dialog box from Toshiba, win photo viewer can't open this picture because, either photo viewer doesn't recognize the file format or I don't have the latest updates to photo viewer. This somehow prevents any program from opening.

I have tried all the fixes suggested on the internet, nothing works.

I tried to load some pictures from a Canon Digital camera ( G1 ), which might have caused the problem, but I'm not sure. It looks like from all the blogs , a lot of users have this problem. Please HELP!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online