Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't open & run a software downloaded as a ZIP file

604 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Couriant 
#1 ·
Hi!
I downloaded this offline soccer simulator available here: https://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/k-12/InteractProgs/sportsdown.html (FYI, its in the end and has the name SOCCERNASA)

I followed the instructions, saved it, extracted it, but its still not running when i open the html page.

I also tried downloading netbeans and jdk to run the program on that, but that isnt working either. Please help me out.

#2 ·
I don't have Java on any computer and I'm not willing to install it to test this program.

Since browsers don't use the java plugin
Chrome said goodbye to Java in April 2015, Firefox in October 2015 and Microsoft Edge dismissed the idea from the very beginning.
you might not be able to get this to work on an up to date browser.

Searching to see if there is a newer alternative, I discovered the game was written in 2010.

You'd have to download it then perhaps move it to a computer running an old browser with the java plugin.

#3 ·
I don't have Java on any computer and I'm not willing to install it to test this program.

Since browsers don't use the java plugin
you might not be able to get this to work on an up to date browser.

Searching to see if there is a newer alternative, I discovered the game was written in 2010.

You'd have to download it then perhaps move it to a computer running an old browser with the java plugin.
thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.