1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't open URL from Word

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by myvicisslow, Mar 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. myvicisslow

myvicisslow Thread Starter

Hello to all. Word won't allow me to open any URLs from the document. When I click on the link and hit CTRL, or right click on the URL and select "Open Hyperlink" I get this error message:
    "The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I basically have to resort to copy + paste.

Where would I go to change this restriction? I don't even recall placing it in the first place. I am also the admin of this computer as well. I'm using XP Professional and Word 2002. TIA.

2. Gram123

Gram123

Found a similar problem by searching Google. Are you using Spybot?

3. myvicisslow

myvicisslow Thread Starter

I am using Spybot. However, that option in Immunize isn't checked off. I'm not effected by the problem in the support article either. Thanks for the reply though. Obviously it's not urgent but just a bit tedious.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/216222