1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't Open Yahoo Pages

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by datpino, Jun 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. datpino

datpino Thread Starter

Anyone,
    I cannot open the Yahoo homepage. I can open my.yahoo.com, but not yahoo.com. I cannot access any of the other yahoo website pages. When I click on Sports, Shopping, or anything the webpage will not open. I have tried deleting all of my cookies and browser information. I have deleted my temp folder items. I have deleted my prefetch folder items. I have turned off my firewall. I have even tried turning all of the security features in my internet explorer off. I have the full version of AdAware and I have no spyware/malware. I am using AVG v7.5 antivirus. Nothing has worked. Someone please help. (I also tried using Firefox & Slick Browser ... neither have worked)

I am running internet explorer 7 on a Windows XP 64Bit desktop. Most of my computer's specs are listed under my profile. I really need yahoo for my fantasy sports !!!!!! Someone please help !!!!

Joseph

2. datpino

datpino Thread Starter

Sorry ... this is the message I get in internet explorer ...

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
    You are not connected to the Internet.
    The website is encountering problems.
    There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
    Check your Internet connection. Try visiting another website to make sure you are connected.

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

3. lightmom

lightmom

I'm having the same problem. But only when I'm in WiFi spots. Yahoo won't even let me sign in, it goes directly back to the sign in page, as if I hadn't signed in yet. U/N and P/W are correct but mine doesn't come up unavailable.

Cindy

4. datpino

datpino Thread Starter

I'm checking this everyday. Someone please help !!!!!

5. Jack1000

Jack1000

When did this start happening? It sounds like there might be something with Yahoo updating their server information.

Jack

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Sometimes for weird problems like this you need to flush out the DNS cache, as follows.

Start - Run - cmd - OK
    ipconfig /flushdns

Try it; it won't hurt.

7. datpino

datpino Thread Starter

Hello All,
    I tried the ipconfig /flushdns, but it didn't work =( ...

Anyone have more ideas ??? I really need my yahoo at home !!!!!!

Thanks,
    Joe

8. lightmom

lightmom

The problem I'm having with yahoo started about a month ago. I can bring up yahoo but only the sign in pages. When I sign in it kicks back to the sign in page again, as if I hadn't even signed in. This hasn't happened at home just on my laptop when I'm on the road with Wifi. Ant ideas?

9. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

lightmom, of course datpino appreciates all help and even information about similar problems. But when asking for help please stick with your own thread (and I know you already have one because I'm wondering when you will respond to my post in it).

10. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

within ie, try tools/internet options/privacy/sites.....see if yahoo.com is blocked, if yes, remove from the list.

11. ocxproblem

ocxproblem

Last week for days I could Not get in the normal way to yahoo and I would clean out my old
    internet files but I found other ways to get to there main page like trying using something like:

http://games.yahoo.com/games/front

but now starting two days ago i can get in the normal way. Is it finally working for you ?

12. datpino

datpino Thread Starter

Ahhhhhhhh, nothing is working =( ... this is horrible, I can't update my fantasy rosters from my home =(

13. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

OK, let's try the following.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands:

ping 216.109.112.135
    ping yahoo.com

For each of those did you get Replies or did you get packets lost?

Also in your browser try loading 216.109.112.135 by typing that in the address bar.

14. datpino

datpino Thread Starter

I can ping 216.109.112.135 & yahoo.com and I get a response with no packets lost

When I try going to 216.109.112.135 in my internet explorer I get the following message:

Sorry, the page you requested was not found.
    Please check the URL for proper spelling and capitalization. If you're still having trouble locating a destination on Yahoo!, try visiting the Yahoo! home page (www.yahoo.com), or look through a list of Yahoo!'s online services. Also, you may find what you're looking for if you try searching below.

yahoo.com also doesn't work still =(

15. TOYMAN1952

TOYMAN1952

Are you using a router? Try connecting directly to the modem and see what happens. Also power cyle the modem and router.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/587537