Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't play burnt dvds on dvd player

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Oddba11 
#1 ·
I got an a HP Pavillion 20-b 120 a PC with win 8.1, running with IE 11 , and downloaded you tube videos with Wondershare version 4.9.1 paid software in MP4 , and also converted them into MPEG2. I can only watch them in MP4 on my PC, with MPEG2 I get no video, only audio. I burnt them with Any Burn onto DVD -R or +R 4.7 GB, finalized them, but they will not play on my Sony DVD recorder, just the message "There is no title." Also I can burn only about 3.5 hrs. to a disc.
About 2 years ago I downloaded you tube videos with Keepvid .com and got about 12 hrs. on a 4.7 GB disc and they played on the DVD player. Keepvid has been changed since then and won't let you do it anymore and I also believe the free version got a virus, and I had to reinstall Windows lately.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G1610 @ 2.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3963 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 2045 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 363633 MB, Free - 337149 MB; D: Total - 92670 MB, Free - 25645 MB; E: Total - 18671 MB, Free - 18609 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 2AED
Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

See less See more
#2 ·
A few things to note:

1) Youtube does not allow users to download videos, so this thread will be closed.
2) If you convert a file and then the new file won't play properly, there is likely a problem with that file (typical cause is the tool used for the conversion).
3) If the file won't play on your computer, then burning it to DVD won't fix it.
4) A single layer DVD holds 2 hours of video. The only way that you can fit more, is by reducing the quality.
5) Not all brands/types of DVDs will work in all DVD players. Test the disc in the computer, if it works properly in the computer, and doesn't work in the DVD player, then the DVD player likely doesn't support that disc type. Sony players in particular are very finicky about disc brands.

#3 ·
Hi Oddba11 ,
as I said in my first letter , about 2 years ago I had no problems with YouTube videos. Still using the same PC, DVD player and same type of DVD discs. The burnt discs play on my PC, but only in MP 4.
Same type of disc I use to burn TV movies in the DVD player without any problems,

#4 ·
Obviously, something has changed.

Depending on the brand of disc that you are using, you may not actually be using the "same" discs. Many brands, Memorex for example, don't make their own media, they simply buy and put their brand on whatever is cheapest. For troubleshooting, only use Tier 1 media. I only use Verbatim and Taio Yuden and I've never had any problems.

For media info, read here: http://www.digitalfaq.com/reviews/dvd-media.htm

As to your computer/software, it's been over two years. The OS has had dozens of updates and most all software has had updates as well. So your OS and software are likely not the same as they were two years ago.

There is also the hardware involved (ie: the burner could be faulty).

And as noted above, if you convert a file and the new file doesn't play properly, there is an issue. Most likely with the tool being used for the conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.