1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't play embedded files or files with DRM in WMP10

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by SysTom7, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SysTom7

SysTom7 Thread Starter

Hi there. This isn't actually my first post, I posted before as TomasKay (I think!) but I've got a little problem with Media Player 10 that isn't so bad but it's been bugging me for a while and I need to sort it. Basically, when there is an embedded Media Player element in a webpage (the kind where controls aren't immediately available), the media file will usually connect to network, buffer and then say "Ready", but not play. There's no error message or anything like that, and when I right-click and try to play from the menu, it just does the same thing. Added to that, I have never been able to play WMA files that have a DRM (not that it matters so much, as I have an iPod, but still) and lately Media Player has refused to play anything that requires a licence... I'm on Windows XP SP2, if you need anymore details, ask and I'll find out. Thanks for your time everyone :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/435775

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice