1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't play mini DVD RW on computer, why?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by maaaary, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maaaary

maaaary Thread Starter

As a school project, we were asked to each bring a mini DVD RW disc to record our presentations and write responses after viewing them at home. However, I was unable to play the mini disc on several computers.

The data is clearly burned on to the disc as seen by the rings around it. When I insert the disc into my dvd drive, it says it's empty.

Just wondering why is this so? and how to fix the problem?
    Thanks.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

It may depend on the format in which it was burned. Can you ask someone if it was a UDF disk or whether it was a standard ISO CD? UDF CD's require specialized drivers to read. It would be a poor choice for a class with multiple types of computers to be used.

You could try examining the CD with IsoBuster to see if it finds anything since it can read UDF CD's.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757745

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice