Solved Can't post to a Facebook Page anymore

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

NZGirl

Dee
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 4038 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 297 GB (201 GB Free);
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 339A
Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

Hi everyone,
Hopefully this is the right place to post this ? I have, since about early February, suddenly not been able to post a visitor post to any FB page I have liked and followed. It doesn't matter what the page is .... business, hobby, corporate FB page, there is suddenly now no place for me to type anything, the timeline thing has gone. I only access FB using a desktop computer. My friends who use mobile phones to access FB pages can post fine, they get to see the timeline/visitor post box. I've searched everywhere trying to find out what has happened but can't find anything, even on FB help. Also, suddenly now, when I try to do a google search suddenly music starts playing and I can hardly type my search question into the search box as it is so slow it's stupid. I have no idea how to stop the music thing as I'm guessing that is what is making typing into the box next to impossible. Up until about 2 weeks ago I didn't have either of these problems. Can anyone help ?
Thank you.

NZGirl

Dee
Thanks Plodr but I don't believe it is malware re the Facebook pages issue. It seems other people using a desktop/laptop computer have the exact same issue. But I still can't find any way to fix it.
Re google search bar being stupidly slow, I've seen others have that problem too. It started when google changed it's picture thing that comes up when you go to google search to some kind of video/giff ??? If I could disable the picture thing and the music that trys to play I'm sure the typing into the search bar would go back to normal.

Thanks so much for posting this NZGirl! I am having the exact same Facebook issue, thought it was just me since I cannot find any help or other posts. I can no longer post any visitor posts to Facebook using my desk computer. I was starting to think my account had been hacked or banned or something. While I don't have an answer yet as to how to fix the issue, I am so glad to see it is not just my computer or account!

NZGirl

Dee
Hi Greytgreyhounds, I've been all over the facebook help section, I've sent them a message, saying those of us with desktops can not post to pages.... but no response. They probably don't care..... maybe they see those of us using desktops as old school ?? But the businesses that all have pages I bet will be very annoyed to find out a whole segment of the population can't interact with their page. But I don't know what to do now, and like you, still haven't found any answer anywhere on how to fix this issue. :-(

I also sent them a message this morning. Not expecting a response, but you never know. I agree, they probably aren't overly concerned about those using desktops. But, on the other hand, I would be surprised if many people on Facebook aren't still using a desktop, to at least scroll newsfeed...I could be wrong, but with Facebook depending on users for their money, you would think they want to keep it open to everyone. If I find an answer or happen to hear back from Facebook, I will post again...for now, I will just keep searching. Glad to know I am not alone though...

By the way, not sure on your Google issue...I am not having any issues with Google at the moment. Wondering if you did pick up a virus or malware causing the music, no music when I go to the search...just an arrow on their little doodle thing to play it. We were having trouble with a slow connection, added an ad blocking software which has done wonders...but I don't think that would help on Google Search since I don't believe they have pop up ads that play on the initial search.

Thanks! I thought of that, but if my account was suspended, I don't think I would be able to comment on page's posts (I could be wrong). I still see the box underneath posts and photos that the page posts, just not the box that allows you to post a visitor post. Thanks for your thoughts!

Hi NZGirl! I just went to Facebook, and at least for me, the problem seems fixed on my account. I was able to post to a page that I like...you might want to see if it is fixed for your computer, fingers crossed!

NZGirl

Dee
Snap! GR. Just today (Friday 23rd) discovered I can post again to a page. So can my friend. So it seems someone somewhere notified Facebook and now pages are working properly again. Yipee!

As of this morning I can't post to Facebook from my computer. I can from my phone, but I hate that tiny little keyboard and I can't navigate very well, guess I'm too old. Did those whose FB is now working do anything to fix the problem or did it just spontaneously resolve? Thanks for any help.

NZGirl

Dee
Hi Dwarfherder, the issue just resolved itself..... eventually. I did nothing bar send FB a message, which they didn't appear to read. I have just recently posted a visitor post to a page that I could not post to 2 1/2 weeks ago..... so it's still fixed for me thank goodness.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online