Cant prevent Winfax at startup...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KrzyPrk

I cant seem to prevent WinFax Pro program to startup. I'm using Windows XP Prof.

I have tried msconfig and I have tried looking all over in winfax program to prevent from starting up.

It does not appear to loadup along w/ the other programs at startup. When I look at "Windows Task Manager" under Application it appears there at every startup.

help?

etaf

Wayne
are you looking for Conmgr in msconfig this is the program for winfaxpro
go here for a lsit of all startups
http://www.sysinfo.org/startupinfo.php
then open the zip file and open startup_all.htm and search for winfax and you will see the programs

if not in msconfig its possible its in startup from programs
> start > programs > startup
and see whats there

KrzyPrk

hey there

There isnt anything in the Startup folder.

that link you gave me isnt working :(

etaf

Wayne
start>
run>
msconfig
startup tab
do you have Conmgr listred

KrzyPrk

hi

conmgr isnt listed at all in msconfig/startup

the only checked marks are:

avgcc32 - avg antivirus
zlclient - zonealarm
msnmsgr -msn messenger
psfree - popblocker

etaf

Wayne
do you have accounts under documents and settings - if so check each one for programs startup

etaf

Wayne
i dont seem to have winfax pro on my XPPRO box so i can see if there any options in the application to start on windows load - perhaps something else to check.
otherwise i cant help any further

crjdriver

It is loading as a service. Go to control panel>admin tools>services and disable.

KrzyPrk

thanks crjdriver

it worked~! hmm..this is something new. I didnt think that I would have to use services.msc to unload anything from startup.

thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts