1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cant preview jpegs or pdf on right side preview pane?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by paulyrock, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulyrock

paulyrock Thread Starter

Hi. so i have vista bizness. works fine most of time.
    this is my siutation. For example. I have a folder say on my desktop... I open it and hilight a file, say a pdf, in the preview pane on the right hand side, the cover or first page shows up... yeah. now i try that again with another folder same from an external hard drive (seagate) and.. nada nothing at all, and then sometimes it wil show up on the bottom in the details pane but thats so small cant read anything. Ive been into the properties, tried this that, rebooting... nada.. help please?
    thanks

2. pip22

pip22

Each window you open (regardless of which drive) has it's own layout settings.
    When there's no preview-pane visible, in the toolbar click Organise >> Layout >> Preview Pane

3. paulyrock

paulyrock Thread Starter

Hi. thanks for the reply. I have tried that. I've backed out so that I see all the hard drives (5) and go into properties. I go into each folder on the hard drive then go to organize, and make sure it shows thumbnail not icon. Right now the problem seems to be that its inconsistent. Lets say for argument sake that i have 50 pdf ebooks. Im trying to rename them as they are all using their isbn numbers.
    the detaill pane at the bottom shows the first page or cover page, say 50% of the time, the preview pane... nothing. go to another folder, the opposite. Im double checking my settings to both folders...
    frustrating... let me know if you come up with another ??? thanks again

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025921

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice