1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can't print after attempting to install Lexmark printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by textonian1918, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. textonian1918

textonian1918 Thread Starter

I have a Lenovo 3000 N100 that's about a year old. I recently bought a Lexmark X2500 printer/scanner and tried to install it on my laptop. However, the printer installation did not complete as it locked up towards the end. I was installing off the provided Lexmark CD. I removed the Lexmark applications that had already been installed and tried to add the printer through windows. However, whenever I go to "add a printer" the application locks up and won't open the add printer dialogue box. I must end the process myself. Furthermore, any time I click print out of any application(open office, firefox, notepad, paint, etc.) the application locks up and I must again manually end the process. I had previously had an HP printer connected to this laptop and it worked perfectly. I'm not sure if the Lexmark printer has anything to do with this problem, but they did happened at the same time. I did remove every Lexmark related program from the computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. You guys have helped me before, so I appreciate what you do. Thanks!

2. Hughv

Hughv

Is this a USB printer? Are you following the install instructions correctly? Some printers insist they not be connected until after the install dialog begins.
    A system restore might help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698781

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice