1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't Print Excel Files (Excel 2010)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Robsy128, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robsy128

Robsy128 Thread Starter

Hey all,

I'm having an issue with the Xerox Workcentre 7120 and Excel 2010. I simply cannot print Excel files whatsoever. It tells me that the document has been sent to the printer, yet two minutes later it tells me that the print job has failed - no reason given, it just says in the Completed Jobs tab that it was cancelled. When looking at the Completed Jobs tab on the printer itself, it tells me that it was "Completed-Error" - basically meaning that nothing happened. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.

I've tried many fixes, including restarting the PC, restarting the printer, restarting the print spooler, reinstalling Office 2010 completely, installing another driver for the printer, running a repair on Microsoft Office 2010, reinstalling the printer completely (it's a network printer) and dancing around the PC in complete frustration whilst chanting (the last one helps a lot, strangely enough).

The weirdest thing is that it's just an issue with Excel - Word, Office and other Office programs print fine with this specific printer. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've tried printing to another printer in another part of the office, and that works perfectly fine. It's just a hassle having to go through multiple doors and parts of the office to retrieve a simple document.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1095609

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice