Can't print from Internet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kayvctx

When I installed a new Norton Works, now I can't print from the internet. I have read as many of your messages as I could find on this I did reinstall the software for the printer, uncheck the "third browser", and the other suggestion.
I have Windows ME, HP printer 940C, IE 6. My internet connection now is AOL Broadband. I got that because I wanted to play EverQuest and kept getting disconnected with dial-up.
Everything was working fine until I put the Norton in.:confused:

Ok then when you wanna print from the net just Disable Nortan. Or Copy (Ctrl + C) and Paste (Ctrl + v) the text you want to print onto Microsoft Word.

kayvctx

FYI - AOL Broadband has a firewall, so if you do like I did and don't know this and try to install another one, you get all sorts of trouble. Just take your second one off.

Does that mean you found the solution to your problem, or is this just a tip you are imparting?

Are you getting an error message?

When you send the Print Request, are you just clicking the Print button on the toolbar, or are you foing to File, Print?

After selecting the Print Option, have you opened your Printer to see if there is a Printtask waiting?

I'll assume that Printing in other programs still works, unless you say otherwise.

kayvctx

That was just info about firewalls.
I still cannot just hit print or any other way to print as usual (stuff from the internet) and it works correctly. Also I am getting something that says (when I start the computer) "Can't upgrade 1% to 2%......" Does this sound familiar?
Kay in Houston

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online