1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't print from Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Radioman, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radioman

Radioman Thread Starter

Vista home system, working fine for past couple of years. Maintenance updates all applied. Have been using Windows Mail for the past year or so with no problems. A few days ago, I was no longer able to print an email message on my USB attached Canon printer. I have tons of other applications - all print just fine. When I try to print from Windows Mail, I get the box asking me which printer to use (there's only one) and I hit the print button. The little printer Icom shows up on the active task area on the lower right of the screen and if I hover over that it says that there's one document pending for the printer. A couple of seconds later, it says zero documents pending. But - nothing printed and there's nothing in the printer queue.

Checked many other applications - all print fine. Decided to give Windows Live Mail a try and installed that. Exact same problem. I've tried deleting the printer and reinstalling it - no change. I've rebooted a couple of times - no change. No events logged. Any ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974074

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice