1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't Print More Than One Page -- Sometimes

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jdwxron, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdwxron

jdwxron Thread Starter

I have a IOGEAR single port USB print server connected to a Netgear 614v4 wireless router. The printer connected to the print server is a HP 7150 Photosmart. I have two computers connected to the wireless router via 820.11g on this LAN. All other functions work fine, except for printing using one of the computers.

My laptop (VAIO PCG-F590) runs Windows XP Pro, and it works just fine in all respects. I can print any document with good speed to the printer using the full Office Suite. And, as directed, it begins printing immediately after spooling. That is, it does not wait until all pages have spooled.

The other computer is a Compag Presario 7360 desktop connected using a Netgear 820.11g PCI card. This computer runs Windows XP Home, and all LAN functions appear to work normally, albeit not as fast as the laptop. I can print anything, from any program, as long as it is one page long. The test pages all print wonderfully. I can print any document of any length if I print directly from IE. However, when I go to print a document (same document as above) using Word, Wordpad, or Notepad, the printer always ultimately comes back and says it is out of paper, which it is not of course. Notably, although having the same settings the printer does not begin printing immediately after spool either.

Any ideas?
    :eek:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223798

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice