1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't print word docs

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Dougj, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dougj

Dougj Thread Starter

I have a wierd problem and I think I may have read about this in the past on this forum.

I have windows 2000 on my laptop with word 2002. I can create word documents with no problem. I can open and print ( local printer ) any word document that I recieve from someone else. If however I creat a word document and then try to print it myself I cannot get it to print.

Any ideas??

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Make sure that you have a printer selected at the time.

Its also possible that a corrupted Normal.dot file can cause this, and any document that you create will use this as a template.

Find and delete any instances of Normal.dot (you must have at least 1, if you cannot find any then its more to do with the search preferences, as it may be a hidden or system file)

Word will create a new file when it first runs.

It may not fix any older documents you have created but copying and pasting the contents to a new document may help after deleting Normal.dot

3. Dougj

Dougj Thread Starter

I will give this a try in a couple days when I get some time. Appreciate your help and will let you know.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222369

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice