1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't read an Excel 2007 file on one computer

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by slugdoug, Jun 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slugdoug

slugdoug Thread Starter

Can't read an Excel 2007 file on one computer. I have tried to open this file on one computer and when it opens the fields are blank but if I open it on another computer it opens fine. The file used to open on this computer but no longer will. I have uninstalled Excel and reinstalled it but that made no difference. This computer is running XP and any help you can give would be great.

2. Wyrdsmith

Wyrdsmith

Have you determined whether it is just a specific Excel 2007 file that won't display data on this machine ... or if other Excel 2007 files also won't display? That test should reveal whether the problem is with the file on this machine ... or with Excel on this machine.

If it is just this file ... how is the program accessing the file (over a network? or from the machine's hard-drive?). If the file is located on the machine's hard-drive ... perhaps it was corrupted when imported ... and you might want to try re-importing the file from a machine on which there is currently a working version?

Wyrd.

3. slugdoug

slugdoug Thread Starter

It is just this file, all of the other Excel files open just fine. This is on a USB drive and has opened on this computer many times but now when it opens the fields are all blank. I can open this on several other computers with no problem so I don't think it's the file. I am really not sure what else to try. I have moved it to the hard drive and it won't open, I have also put it on a computer where it will open and then shared the file and it still won't open correctly.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1004019

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice