1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't read any of my email!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jimmym2212, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jimmym2212

jimmym2212 Thread Starter

For some reason I cannot read any of my email. I have verizon dsl and have 3 computers set up to the network. On my two desktops I can't read any of my Yahoo, Verizon, or Comcast mail. However on the laptop I can. I don't understand. I downloaded Firefox to try that and still no luck. I don't know what else to do. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they fixed it. I also can't use ebay for some reason. Some other sites don't work either. Please help...

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Welcome!

You say "you can't read any of your email" on 2 of the PCs.
    Does this mean its in a foreign language (hence you cannot read it)?

Or do you mean you cannot access your email.

Sorry, but the problem is not clear from this end.
    If you get error messages, they could be helpful

Is this Webmail or POP3 email?

Do we assume that you use Windows? Versions?

3. jimmym2212

Sorry,

I can't access the email. It's webmail through each of the sites. The page will just timeout and refreshing won't help either. I use Windows XP. Anything else that would help just let me know.

4. jimmym2212

Nevermind, I fixed it. Had to change the MTU count on my router or whatever. Thanks anyways. :rolleyes:

5. Davey7549

Davey7549

Jimmy

Welcome to TSG!

Was your MTU (Max Transmission Unit) packet size set to high or to low and what did you do to determine optimal size for network?

Dave

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/376457

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice