1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can't read cd to copy

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by ej, Jan 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ej

ej Thread Starter

Hi, I keep running into this problem occassionally when I try to burn a copy of a cd. I first try to drag the cd on the desktop from my cdrw drive but 95% of the way I get a "cannot read disk error" they're not copy protected or anyhting, just vcd's. Is there a program that works better at copying from cd drive than windows98? would defragging help?

2. JJJecj71

JJJecj71

The Cd might have been closed right, I would only try doing one file at a time to see which file does caused this problem so you know the next time.
    And when your copying again try a slow speed so it doesn't miss anything cause that does happen and a file or two get corrupt.

Jay

3. slipe

slipe

Use the copy utility of your mastering software. Select your burner as both source and destination. It should check the box to make a temp image on the hard drive when you do that. After it copies the CD to your hard drive it will ask for a blank CD. Don’t use one that has been formatted.

It seems you might be trying to copy the CD using packet writing, which is not the way to copy a CD.

4. ej

ej Thread Starter

thats the problem, in nero it can't seem to complete creating the image file, it gets an error at 94%. Thats when I tried just copying the file to my desktop, but couldn't complete the copy there either. Could there be a prob when it was burned? The vcd plays fine in my dvd and pc.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112637

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice