1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can't read DVD

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by andyhop2003, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. andyhop2003

andyhop2003 Thread Starter

i have recorded a program off the tv in dvd - video mode on a dvd - rw i have finalised the disc so it would play on other dvd players and the comp but it only works on the dvd player that recorded it, what have i done wrong? what do i need to do to get the comp to read the disc it says the disc is either corrupt or the wrong format?
    please help, thanks in advance
    Andy

2. bonk

bonk Banned

You recorded using a DVD recorder then....

Could try different make of disks but it could be that the recorder is just set up that way.

3. andyhop2003

yes i used a dvd recorder, the discs i used are the ones tried and tested by the manufacturer of the recorder and it states that the dvds once finalised will be able to play in other dvd players and on the comp

4. bonk

bonk Banned

Well they would say that.....how many different PCs and DVD players have you tried so far.

5. andyhop2003

2 other dvd players and 2 dvd drives on the same comp

6. bonk

bonk Banned

well I would try it on another PC somewhere and see the results as it could be your PC......

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543520

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice