Can't reboot (Booting loops after Windows logo)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

freesunshine

I have Win XP Pro w/SP2 on Dell Dimension 4700. I can't recall installing anything the night before but I shut down the computer before I went to bed. Next morning when I started the computer after the "Dell" and "Windows" logo it starts reboot again then I get this message..."We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully...." then the choices of Safe Modes, Last Known..., and Start Windows normally.

I've tried chkdsk /r, reset MBR (I think I did), Ultimate boot CD (which I can't figure out which program to use), safe modes, even system restore....basically nothing worked.

Can anyone please help me?

Do you have the origional XP disc to use, because if you do, you can try to repair the existing installation of windows XP.

freesunshine

I've tried repairing it...not sure if I did it correctly but still the same....it keeps looping. I just got a call from a buddy and he is having exact same problem. Maybe it's a Cinco de Mayo virus...haha

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online