1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't receive faxes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tgaf1949, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tgaf1949

tgaf1949 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 4
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 1023 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200, 128 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 57231 MB, Free - 26427 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P4S266VX
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

I have a Lexmark All In One Printer
    model x5650 which I am using with an answering machine. Fax number is same as home number.
    I am able to send, but not receive faxes, I have been able to receive faxes up to about a month or two ago.
    I rarely send or receive faxes.
    When I attempt to send a fax, the printer does not detect fax signal and my ans.mach comes on instead after fourth ring.
    I have ans. mach set to come on after four rings, and the printer set to Pick Up after 6 rings.
    Auto Answer is on in Fax Set Up.

One other thing that has changed: When someone calls me, my land phone rings first, followed by printer ringing and following message appears on right side of printer window: Incoming call.
    On the left side of printer window the fax icon appears
    Next the message on right side of window changes to : Santa Fe NM which is where I live, and where I am making call from my cell phone or when someone local calls me.
    I even got one call the other night where the person' name and tel no.appeared in printer window after above message, but that has happened once so far.
    Lexmark is no longer supporting this model. Their tech page no help
    I do still have Installation disk and manual.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086723

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice