1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't Register Jscript error 0x80004005

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by minepassport, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minepassport

minepassport Thread Starter

Hey, this probleme has been hunting me for weeks, I think there is something terribly wrong with my comptuer.

So first I tryed to install this adobe program and then it said that Jscript isn't registered properly.
    Then i googled the probleme. Everywhere I look says that I need to type in "regsvr32 jscript" into a ADMINISTRATED Command Prompt. I did that and a error came up says

"The module Jscript was loaded but the call to DLLregisterserver failed with Error 0x80004005"

I have tryed the same thing with VBscript and came up the same message.

i am 10000% positive that i have 100% administration right... Unless something is messed up with my registry

So then I ran Regcure.. alot of times, dected thousants of errors and fixed them. But I still can't register jscript.

And other problemes on my computer comes along with this error too like

MY NORTON 360(antivirus) WON'T SCAN!

WINDOW CAN'T UPDATE

I GET BLUE SCREEN ALOT

WHENEVER I TRY TO ACCEPT A USER AGREEMENT WITH ADOBE, IT DOESN'T WORK!!

"PC TOOLS SPYWARE DOCTOR" CAN'T SMART UPDATE.

Soo please! I really don't want to pay some guy to fix these for me.
    Could anyone please tell me whats wrong with my computer and how to fix it??

- I am willing to pay for any program

Thank you in advance and sorry if this is in the wrong section

2. tech-win

tech-win

This could be due to incorrect permissions (registry and/or file system). Microsoft has a tool to reset the security permissions to default settings. See if that can help.

How do I restore security settings to the default settings?:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!