1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't register to AlertPay

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Smartguy01, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Smartguy01

Smartguy01 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ivan
    Hi peeps,

it's really ironic that after helping much people you are experiencing a problem ;)

So this is my problem:

- I need to register to AlertPay
    - I got to www.alertpay.com
    - I click the button to "sing up"
    - On the first page where I just need select my country and which type of an account I want I select everything right how it needs to be
    - I click the next button and Firefox hangs at "Sending request to www.alertpay.com ..." (that writes in the bottom of the screen)
    - After a while Firefox display an error saying: "Connection Interrupted. The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading. The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again."

I would be very thankful if someone helps me with this!

Thnx for reading!

Looking forward, Smartguy01

2. TOGG

TOGG

That site opens as a 'secure' site with Opera and I was able to get to the point of providing my personal details to open an account before I cancelled the transaction.

Perhaps they had server problems when you first tried?

EDIT: Just did the same with Firefox (once I told NoScript to allow it) and reached the details page.

3. Smartguy01

First Name:
    Ivan
    Uhm... How do you do that in Firefox.

4. TOGG

TOGG

If you have the NoScript addon installed in Firefox it places a bar at the foot of the page when you first access a site and an 'Options' box down by the clock which you can click on and choose whether to allow scripting.

If you don't have NoScript installed, then you might have to adjust Firefox's general settings. Firefox isn't my default browser so I'm not too familiar with it, but I'm pretty sure the default settings allow scripting. Have a look under Tools/Options/Content and see that 'Enable JavaScript' and 'Enable Java' are checked.

5. Smartguy01

First Name:
    Ivan
    Java was enabled, i downloaded NoScript add-on and allowed all scripts but no changes, still can't register, why don't you navigate me trough your default browser I will try with it.

Thanks for helping me so far, Smartguy01

6. Smartguy01

First Name:
    Ivan
  7. TOGG

TOGG

I'm using Opera 9.64 which you can get here;http://www.opera.com/support/new2opera/ However, I'm not sure your problem is necessarily browser related (I assume you've tried and failed to register with IE as well?)

I'm wondering if you might have some other program, or setting in Windows, that could be blocking your connection attempts? What 'security' programs do you have?

If this is a browser issue, connections to secure sites use processes called SSL and TLS which need to be enabled, although they must be by default because I've never amended them in IE, Firefox or Opera and don't have problems with 'https' sites

8. Smartguy01

First Name:
    Ivan
    Yes I tried with IE and failed, I'm using avast! Home edition, but I disabled avast! and tried to register, of course, failed. I will try with opera and let you know the results.

Thanks so far, Smartguy01

9. Smartguy01

First Name:
    Ivan
    Opera gives an error too! I'm really fustrated with this.

10. TOGG

TOGG

Have you got any popup blockers (other than what might be provided in your browser(s)) or any toolbars? I'm not certain about toolbars because I don't have any, but I thought I read somewhere that some of them incorporated popup blockers.

Is the error message you are getting from each browser the same, 'connection interrupted' or do they vary? If your problem was with the https side, there should be some reference to site certificates and stuff like that.

11. Smartguy01

First Name:
    Ivan
    In firefox I have Ad-block-plus, but I tried with uninstalling it and still no changes, the error messages are always the same, no I don't have any toolbars because I hate them, they just slow things down. I really don't know any more what to do.

Smartguy01 :(

12. TOGG

TOGG

Well, I'm really struggling now because that site clearly works for me with two browsers using their default settings. Hence my questions about software that might be stopping the SSL/TLS 'secure' connection from working at your end.

Do you have an online bank account or something similar? If you can connect to another https site, that would suggest that the problem, whatever it is, is not with you. I actually clicked on a site yesterday which opened up with https and would provide a good check for you. Unfortunately, I've forgotten which one it was and I routinely delete browser history! If I chance upon it again today I will post back with details.

Another thought occurred to me which, I think, you would say came out of 'left field' (a baseball expression?). Have you ever had dealings with Pay Alert before? I'm wondering if there is a possibility that they could have blocked your IP address as the result of some earlier problem you had with them.

EDIT: This isn't the site I had in mind but see how you get on here; https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_home&country_lang.x=true

13. Smartguy01

First Name:
    Ivan
    I didn't have any problems with AlertPay, I never even had an AlertPay account. I have a PayPal account already and I can log in to it, pay from it......

SG01

14. TOGG

TOGG

I hope you weren't offended by my suggestion that you might have been banned! If the admins of that site have been having problems with packets from certain addresses they may have blocked a whole range of IP addresses, including yours, temporarily or permanently.

Subject to how you get on with the PayPal site, can you use a library or friend's computer to try and access AlertPay and ask them? You can establish what your IP address is here; http://www.ip-adress.com/

Also, do you connect via a router? I don't have one myself so I don't know much about them, but I understand that they could have settings that might block some traffic.

Edit: I was still typing when you made your last post. Can you reach Alert Pay to ask about any blocked addresses?

15. Smartguy01

First Name:
    Ivan
    I'm using a D-Link ADSL2+ Router, I can change my IP adress at any time I want, because when I was subscribing for an ADSL connection i could choose if I want to have a permanent IP or not, I choosed not to have a permanent IP and now everything what I need to do is to shut my ADSL ROUTER down and turn it on again, after it connects i will have a new IP. Should I try?

SG01

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/819441

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice