Can't reinstall HP OfficeJet 4500 G510N-Z onto new Dell Inspiron 5735

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

blue22eyes

I had to replace my computer (with a new Dell Inspiron 5735, windows 8.1). It works OK. My old computer, (a HP laptop windows 7, G62-435DX Notebook PC) , was about 5 yrs old, very very slow and needed more space. I was using a 3-yr old HP OfficeJet 4500 G510N-Z - which was working fine. There was never a problem in the past printing things with the older computer and the printer, but I haven't been able to download the HP software/etc., onto my new Dell laptop. Some people say that it will never be compatible, and that I have to buy a new printer, which is hard to believe, it's not that old and does everything I need. Some others say that is doable, with extremely difficult instructions, which I know I couldn't do myself, I would need somewhat simple instructions. I then had some other people who worked on this for quite some time, including some things like installing different/new devices, drivers, updates, and it did work for a day, and then it does not anymore. It used to be recognized, and now it doesn't. Any suggestions? I would appreciate your help. Thanks

blue22eyes

Thanks for your note. I haven't been able to download this, because I got this message:
"another installation is in progress. You must continue that installation before continuing this one"
I never knew that something was being installed - and shouldn't be - so I don't know what to do, in getting rid of it, and then hope to continue the installation. Where would I find this? Please let me know what to do. Thanks

blue22eyes

what do I do to get rid of the so called installation that is in progress? thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online