1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't reinstall Windows 8 - SSD Hard drive disappeared from system

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by iconiaw700user, Jun 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iconiaw700user

iconiaw700user Thread Starter

Acer Iconia W700 Tablet - SSD Hard drive disappeared from system - can't reinstall Windows 8

In both UEFI BIOS or Legacy BIOS the SSD hard drive has disappeared from my Iconia W700. I can't reinstall Windows 8 because Windows 8 can't find a SSD hard drive to install onto. Is there a software or bios fix for this problem or has the 3 month old SSD hard drive already failed?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    My guess would be a hardware problem. If the construction is similar to my older Acer Iconia Tablet there is little to nothing that you can do--advice to make sure that a connector has not come loose would be useless. Still under warranty?

3. iconiaw700user

iconiaw700user Thread Starter

What was the matter with the construction of your old Iconia Tablet? The W700 is full HD and a Core i3 so its a tablet/laptop. It's still under warranty. Why would checking the connector be useless?...is the build quality that bad?

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Sorry, didn't mean to imply bad construction or quality. I'm quite happy with mine. Just that it is not obvious to me how I could open my Acer W500 to check or replace any component. If you can do so safely and rather easily check to see if the power or data connection to the SSD has loosened. But still under warranty I'd check with Acer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1100739

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice