1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't Remove Corel

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Earpster, Dec 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Earpster

Earpster Thread Starter

Does anyone know why I can't seem to completely remove Corel Suite 11 from my computer? I have gone to the control panel but it does not remove it completely. I also tried going back to the CD but there was no "uninstall" selection.
    Thank you.
    Earpster

2. junker39

junker39

What doesn't it uninstall? Sometimes the uninstaller will leave the folder, some small files or logs behind. Those are usually ok to just delete. Post back with what's left after the uninstall.

3. Earpster

Earpster Thread Starter

Thanks for your post. After I have uninstalled Corel through the control panel there is still a small symbol, something like a "setup" emblem. And when I'm doing something like a "search" for something totally unrelated, a window pops up and shows the Corel trying to load. Then it says something like "cannot find file please insert CD" If I press cancel, it comes right back.
    Earpster

4. junker39

junker39

Check the Start Menu and make sure the Corel listing is gone. If not, delete it. Do a search on your drive for corel and find what's left. You may have to clean up the regisistry to get rid of everything.
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/regseeker.html

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/308666