1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't remove "Eye Popping"

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by nikinjers, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikinjers

nikinjers Thread Starter

I just bought my computer and I decided to try AOL since the first time that I logged on to the internet chat room I got a Icon on my desktop called eye popping. I tried deleting the icon but when I turn off my computer and turn it back on its up there again. I tried to empty my recycling bin afterwards that did not work. I get a little screen every time I turn my computer on that is asking me to accept these terms and conditions. I read the terms and conditions it tells methat in order to delete it I have to go to my modem and click disconnect. I tried that, but I cannot find the disconnect button, it also gives an email address but when I go to the site there is a blank page. The email address is [email protected], please help!

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi, Pretty sure that dialer can be removed by SpyBot Search and Destroy....somehow, that little dialer has sneaked into the system and you can only remove it with tools like SS&D.
    Your post probably belongs in the Security forum, but I will give you help here and mods can move it if they like.
    Download SS&D to the desktop, run and install it.
    There is a forum post here from Rollin Rog that has good info and directions for you to follow.
    http://forums.techguy.org/t110854/s.html7

Read the instructions for installing and using SpyBot.
    The main thing is to install SS&D, and then go online and check with the autoupdater in SS&D for additional updates.
    There are presently a lot of "Skin" updates, but they are for the appearance of the program, nothing you have to have right now. Just get the Includes and program updates, they install automatically, and then go offline and run SS&D, this time, click "Fix Selected problems", all the things that are checked by SS&D and in red will be what you want to remove.

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119759

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice