1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't remove item from recycle bin (Vista)

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by csatennis, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csatennis

csatennis Thread Starter

I have one item that I cannot get out of the recycle bin. I can't delete it and I can't restore it. I want to delete it, but even if I could restore it that would work because I could set the recyle bin properties not to be added to upon delete and then delete the file.

So, I would like advice as to how to get rid of this one item. If more information is needed, let me know.

bob

2. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi,
    Have you tried (free) Move On Boot:
    http://www.emco.is/products/move-on-boot/features.php

This from their website:
    "Have you ever faced a problem on moving, renaming or deleting files that are locked by your system? If this is true in your case then, look no further MoveOnBoot is the best solution for you. It enables you to perform those actions with ease that requires no hectic procedure.
    When you want to delete a file, delete a file in a folder or delete a folder, simply move the file into the program and rename the files or folders that are locked, you can do all this in a breeze."

Richard

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/738736

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice