Can't "repeat" when typing anymore...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

azdood

Last night while composing a letter I evidently had a finger resting on a key when a notice popped up and read something like: If you hold down a key longer than 8 seconds bla bla bla will happen. If you want bla bla bla to happen then press 'yes.' It's obvious I didn't read the message because I forget what I picked and from then on I can't type two of anything without pausing. I'll type one letter and when I go to type the second one the brakes go on and I'm stopped. The same thing happens when trying to backspace.

I looked all over my computer for that command again so I could actually read it, but never found it. I thought it would be in "keyboard" in the Control Panel but it wasn't. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thank you. azdood [aka David]

etaf

Wayne
whats the OS
if you goto help in winXP
and search for repeat
it provides details of how to do this - and yes its in keyboard

azdood

Thanks etaf! I'm on my way to the help section as we speak. Oh, my OS is XP.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online